JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Card Art for Sgt. Slaughter is up (Renegades also confirmed)  (Read 6165 times)

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile

Can't see much detail right now as everything is blacked out but at least it looks like the second carded figure that the MC group mentioned might be a three pack just like the original renegades were.

On a side note, every time I try to upload a picture I'm told I've used my maximum upload quota limit of 256 KB. The images I tried to upload were 33 KB and 42 KB. What am I doing wrong?

Edit by PTG: Added the pictures and poster confirming the Renegades (source: http://www.joesightings.com/forums/inde ... entry34762 )
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
Card Art for Sgt. Slaughter is up (Renegades also confirmed)
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2006, 02:59:21 PM »

I just hope the renegades are back but not the not the original three.  Time for some new blood.
Go Leafs Go - just end '67

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2006, 03:06:07 PM »

Thanks Pete, and I agree. I'm down with some new blood. Lets leave the circus preformers and NFL rejects out of the set. I have no problem with Mercer but the other two, uhhhh, no thanks.

Raptor

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2006, 03:08:14 PM »

Holy crap - A 3 pack on card? MC is gonna charge in excess of $100 bones for that for sure.  :shock:

-  :chicken:
\"\'Must-look-akward-ya-hoo!\"

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2006, 04:42:30 PM »

3 pack?  I thought it was suppose to be two single figure MOC items.

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2006, 05:50:48 PM »

I'm just guessing it's a three pack because brian had said there was only 2 more carded figures that would be shown. I could be totally wrong.

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2006, 09:52:07 PM »

Quote from: ""morgardee""
I'm just guessing it's a three pack because brian had said there was only 2 more carded figures that would be shown. I could be totally wrong.

Hmmm.  I don't mind a three pack if it happens.

Madman

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2006, 12:13:33 AM »

Wouldn't it be funny if it the 3 "renegades" turned out to be duke, gung ho and shipwreck like what others guessed at the beginning. I hope not, but it really makes you wonder who'd they use if the recreate the originals since they don't have all 3 molds, if indeed they are supposed to be the originals.

As for the carded figures, it says carded sets, as in plural. The way it looks, it appears that all 4 of them come together carded. Why show all 4 on the front and on the back if it's only the sarge? Wouldn't you keep the other 3 on a seperate card?

Could we be getting another "set" of carded figures?

Wonder how much this is going to cost? Last 3 pack cost $60 bagged. Carded might be $75-80. What happens if it's sealed? You'd have to rip them open and ruin the card to get to the figs. Let's hope MC isn't going this route.

Agent_Loop

• phpBB CanJoeCon Staff
  • Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jasonloo.com/
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2006, 01:14:56 AM »

Judging by the silhouette, Slaughter looks slimer than his run in 1986.  I guess we'll rule out the bulky Major Barrage mold. Pete, don't forget to pick up a Slaughter for me!
I'm definitely sure Taurus is in the set by looking at the sword, and same goes with Mercer's buzzcut. Red Dog in the middle, that could be a toss up. It would be great to see them be brought back.

General Hawk

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2006, 08:49:02 AM »

I would love to see some new blood in the Renegades...that would be great.  But if they ARE going to be repaints, I'd prefer the original three rather than just some already known Joe characters slapped into the team.

I am a little bummed, though, because I have a dio upcoming possibly featuring the Renegades, and if these are cool enough, I might have to rework some stuff  to get them included....

Justin

Scramble

• phpBB Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2006, 10:35:29 AM »

Quote from: ""Madman""
Why show all 4 on the front and on the back if it's only the sarge? Wouldn't you keep the other 3 on a seperate card?

Because this way you pnly need to design one card big enough for three figures but not so big that Sarge looks funny on his own. And notice that it says 1 of 2 Carded Sets rather than Set 1 of 2. Either set can have the same exact card on it. It's cheaper for them to print one card in bulk, and it entices collectors to get both sets MOC rather than just the Sarge.

I don't know if I'd like new members of the Renegades. I'm sure there are other roughcuts that could use Slaughter House discipline, and logically there would be a lot of "turn-over" based on the dangerous black ops the team undertakes. But I think Hasbro tried to sweep everything from the movie under the carpet, and the Renegades were unfairly bunched in with Cobra-La. A uniform colour scheme for a moonlight mission or jungle mission would revitalize the Taurus and Red Dog molds. Mercer doesn't need a new colour scheme as much, but wouldn't be dismissed.
Updated!

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2006, 10:16:12 PM »

MC has pulled a page from the WWE (i.e. lets keep the PPV card a big secret so we can build it up on TV but the poster for the PPV with all the main event matches have been shown ahead of time).

The original members of the Renegades have been confirmed, as well as how Slaughter will look like.  

http://www.joesightings.com/forums/inde ... entry34762

Not my original preference.  They had a great chance to create three new GI JOE characters.  They blew it.  There is no new character this year (and yes Mortal doesn't count).  And the funny part, MC only has to blame themselves this year for having this poster shown ahead of time.  No ebay to fall back on this year.